Wednesday, April 6, 2011

“Switch” Play Audience Member Experience

My experience as an audience at the Playwrights Project Project play “Switch” was sort of entertaining and insulting in a way. Some parts of the play were offensive but it wasn't to insult us, it was only to show that people that are not in the foster system have an idea how a kids feel being in the foster system without actually going through the system. I was glad that they made this play because they actually showed what really goes on in a life of a foster child, so people wont label us whatever they want to label us. At the end of the play I was surprised that some of the actors didn't have anything to do with the foster system because their acting was as if they were foster kids before. Overall I liked parts of the play but I still think that plays are LAME.

1 comment:

  1. Thats true even though some of the audience could not really experience it they saw it and actions speak louder than words. Yeah I was also suprised to find that the actors were not foster kids or known anything about it.

    ReplyDelete